One of my favorite playlists is Ghosts, Werewolves and Vampires, Oh My! And since I love to share my tunes I picked my favorites off that playlist for you to consider adding to your own Spooky Playlist, because everyone has one, right?
1. The Ghost Ghost Who Walks – Karen Elson. Honestly, get the whole album ( do we call them albums now? ) It’s all awesome.
2. When Your Evil – Voltaire Kinda love everything he does, but this is my favorite. You should love him too.
3. Bell, Book and Candle – Eddi Reader. This is one of my favorite songs, it’s beautiful.
4. Heads Will Roll – Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Because there’s nothing like decapitation to make you want to hit the dance floor.
5. My Body’s A Zombie For You – Dead Man’s Bones. A sweet little zombie love song accompanied with a creepy kid choir. Did I mention Ryan Gosling is singing? Hey Girl, check it out …
6. Don’t Pay The Ferryman – Chris DeBurgh. my musical tastes were formed in the 80’s , don’t you dare judge me!
7. Don’t Fear The Reaper – Blue Oyster Cult. You can’t go wrong with a classic, and you know – cowbell.
8. Come To Me – Brad Fiedel . Again another shout out to the 80’s. This is from the original movie Fright Night – and it’s hard to find, unless a friend from your childhood owns a record store and can get a cd for you. Thanks Scott
9. Man With The Hex – The Atomic Fireballs. Halloween don’t mean a thing, if it doesn’t have some swing.
10. The Hell Of It – Paul Williams From Phantom of the Paradise. You have my love of the Hardy Boys to blame for this. It was featured in the episode Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew Meet Dracula. Of course, the Cassidy of it all has worn off and I have checked out the Phantom of The Paradise. You go Paul Williams!
So you know, my playlist is 3 hours long, so this is just a sampling … and I’d love to add a little more, whats your favorite spooky soing?